The time is finally here! As Savannah Stopover enters its sixth year, it may seem more intimidating than ever with the event spanning 10 venues and no less than 100 bands. Whether you’re a newcomer or a Stopover veteran, there’s no need to panic though, there’s plenty of assistance floating around including Tom’s excellent festival survival guide here. In the meantime, here are some acts that shouldn’t be missed, at least in my opinion, for day one!
Band Poster Exhibition featuring Breakers, Sun Club, and Ra Ra Riot: 6:00pm – 8:00pm at Ships of the Sea
– Come for the posters, stick around for the indie-pop goodness to follow!
Culture Vulture: 9:00pm at Ampersand
– Savannah locals with a prog rock meets jazz sound.
All Dogs: 9:30pm at Wild Wing Cafe
– Ohio bred jangly, indie rock.
Mothers: 10:30pm at Wild Wing Cafe
– Indie/folk rock out of Athens.
Mobley: 11:00pm at Club One
– Very smooth, high energy, electro-pop.
T. Hardy Morris: 11:30pm at Congress St. Social Club
– Georgia born, Southern styled garage rock.
PWR BTTM: 12:00am at Ampersand
– Queercore/punk influenced garage rock known for raucous shows.
Stay on the lookout for my day two recommendations coming tomorrow morning!