Greetings! So, you survived day one and hopefully had an awesome time! Well, there’s no rest for the weary so make sure you hydrate with something besides beer and take in a little more of the local flavor besides that ever so convenient walk-up window under the Golden Arches on Broughton St. before we plunge into Day 2! If you’re at a loss for bands to check out, here are a few that I’d recommend in a heartbeat.
Christopher Paul Stelling: 5:00pm at The Jinx
– Folk/Country infused Americana with some stellar guitar work.
Surf Rock Is Dead: 6:00pm at Ampersand
– Ambient, effects driven, groove heavy surf rock.
Family and Friends: 8:00pm at Trinity United Methodist Church
– High energy, Americana tinged, indie rock out of Athens driven by dual percussionists.
Garden Giant: 9:00 at Wild Wing Cafe
– Savannah’s own 90s influenced garage rock gem.
Bruiser Queen: 9:00pm at The Rail Pub
– Slightly sweet, slightly gnarly garage rock duo.
COEDS: 10:00pm at Ampersand
– Local “raucous N rollers”
Capsula’s David Bowie Tribute: 11:00pm Trinity United Methodist
– It’s a David Bowie tribute by one of Stopover’s best acts from last year. Do I really need to say more?
Big Ups: 11:30 at The Jinx
– Super rad post-punk in the vein of Fugazi or mclusky.
Diet Cig: 12:00am at Ampersand
– Self proclaimed “slop pop” duo out of New York
No BS! Brass Band: 12:30 at The Jinx
– Big brass out of Virginia to end your night with.
Stay strong kiddos! Fun times are ahead so rest up for tomorrow!