Well the full Savannah Stopover schedule is now available, and obviously there are some tough choices. With 105 bands playing in three days, there is simply no way to see every act. (Btw, I really like the Sched app that allows you to negotiate the lineup and chart your own course in advance.)
With the release of the schedule, Stopover announced the addition of even more bands, which seems a little crazy but why not?, including Savannah-based Wet Socks and Garden Giant, plus:
- Lucy Dacus – Richmond, VA
- Mobley – Austin, TX
- Ancient Cities – Charlotte, NC
- Scotty ATL – Atlanta, GA
- The Fontaines – Los Angeles, CA
- Bruiser Queen – St. Louis, MO
- Joy Again – Philadelphia, PA
- The High Divers – Charleston, SC
Note that in addition to the performances on the schedule, there will be three secret shows announced one hour prior to the performance via the Stopover Twitter account .
The Opening Night Event at Ships for the Sea Museum on Thursday night, March 10th will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. and include the annual Band Poster Exhibition. Scheduled to perform are Breakers (Savannah, GA), Sun Club ( Baltimore, MD), and festival headliner Ra Ra Riot (Syracuse, NY). Food from Gaslight Group’s Blowin’ Smoke will also be available.
The festival has also confirmed/reconfirmed the venues for the 2016 festival:
- Ships of the Sea – North Garden
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Club One
- Wild Wing Cafe
- Congress Street Social Club
- The Rail Pub (outdoor garden)
- Ampersand 2nd Floor
- The Jinx
- Abe’s On Lincoln
- The Artist Lounge at 109 West Broughton (Credentials required)
Special events include the Jepson Center’s Art Lounge with Bar service from 5pm-10pm 3/11 and 3/12 and Stopover In The Yard at The Grey on 3/12 at noon.
Click here for tickets.