Several lessons from Savannah Stopover‘s show featuring Futurebirds, this mountain, and Amythyst Kiah on Friday night at Southbound Brewing Company:
1. Southbound is brewing some damn fine beer.
2. The brewery has surprisingly good sound, at least if the engineers know what they’re doing, and the visual backdrops are pretty cool too.
3. If venues are serious about start times, Savannah fans will show up on time.
4. Savannah needs a regular venue on the scale of Southbound.
5. Futurebirds, this mountain, and Amythyst Kiah can all bring it.
6. Even if you’ve been immersed in the music scene for years, you can go to a rock show and see zillions of unfamiliar faces.
7. Any programming by Savannah Stopover and parent company MusicFile Productions is worth seeing.
The lighting at the brewery was pretty good for Friday’s bands, but the main array got shifted somehow before Futurebirds took the stage — maybe as the crowd squeezed up to the stage. So my Futurebirds’ shots aren’t as well lit as the photos of this mountain and Amythyst Kiah. A few here with more after the jump.